If you are looking to be a panelist at one of our events, here’s what you need to know:
We always strive to make our events highly participative and engaging for our attendees and that’s one of the reasons why we run symposia rather than just conferences or seminars – we want to create a safe environment where different views can be shared in a constructively challenging way; with a view to improving the understanding of different perspectives and building consensus wherever we can.
Our Panel sessions are a very important part of that approach.
Here’s how it typically works:
– Each panellist will take it in turn to introduce themselves, no more than a minute or two.
– Thereafter there will be questions from myself and the delegates, focusing on key topics. If there are any particular questions that you would like me to incorporate into the session to enable you to make particular points let me know.
– No slides are needed or wanted – this part of the event works best when kept informal and conversational in style.
– There are always time constraints so we are looking for succinct answers to questions.
Overall this process works very well. It’s a balance between enabling the panellists to say what they are particularly keen to say with creating an environment that ‘brings the event to life’ for everybody.
The items we will need from you ASAP please
They are listed in priority order:
- Your name, job title and organisation name exactly as you wish them to appear on the event’s web page.
- A high quality image of you in Png of Jpg format or similar
- Your bio, maximum 200 words
- Your Twitter handle (so we can raise awareness of your participation at the event). We’ll try to tweet before, during and after the event.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Payment to attend the event
The Transparency Task Force desperately (very desperately!) needs to raise funds to operate effectively and sustainably, so please pay the normal attendance price for the event if you can.
However, if that is genuinely beyond your budget please pay however much you can afford up to the standard ticket price; there is no minimum for panellists so you can be the judge of what is appropriate if the standard ticket price is genuinely beyond your budget.
Of course we will be delighted to deal with any queries that you may have, so ask away….and thanks again for wanting to participate at one of our events.