Alexander Samarin wrote his first software program in the year 1973. Since then he works with digital transformation projects (primarily as a leading architect) of different scale: company, community, corporation, canton, city, country, confederation, continent and civilization.
Based on his experience in many fields and being the author of two books (about LaTeX and BPM), he acts as a methodologist, architect and practitioner for architecting, building, operating and evolution digitally coordinated systems such as: digital enterprises, smart cities, digital currencies, digital territories and countries and digital governments.
He is a member of
- ISO, IEC and ITU “Joint Task Force on Smart Cities”
- ITU “Digital Currency Global Initiative”
- IEC Strategic Group “Systems Approach and Digital Transformation” as a leader of “Architecture” task force
- IEC System Committee “Smart Cities” as a convenor of WG3 “Reference Architecture”
- ISO/IEC JTC 1 /AG 8 “Meta Reference Architecture and Reference Architecture for Systems Integration”
- ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 41/WG 6 as a co-editor of “Digital Twins reference Architecture”
He worked for: IFRC, UEFA, Schneider Electric, African Development Bank, the State of Geneva, BUPA, Groupe Mutuel, International Olympic Committee, ANU, ISO, CERN and IHEP.
At present, he runs his own consultancy company SAMARIN.BIZ