Chief Investment Officer,
Scott has 20 years of financial markets experience. He heads up Noviscient, a next-generation investment manager based in Singapore.
He worked as Chief Risk Officer and Portfolio Manager at Vulpes Investment Management, a Singapore alternative investment firm for four years. He spent eight years heading up a quantitative team within Deutsche Bank’s trading business in Singapore. Before that he worked in venture capital with Macquarie Bank for five years.
Scott’s research interests are the application of hierarchical, probabilistic Bayesian modelling (HPBM) to problems in investment management. This deep, machine learning approach offers significant advantages to asset managers over the more deterministic and ad hoc practices in general use in the industry.
– Bachelor’s Degree, Chemical Engineering, University of Melbourne
– Master of Business Administration, Melbourne Business School
– Master of Quantitative Finance, University of Technology, Sydney
– PhD Finance (candidate), Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales du Nord (EDHEC)
– Adjunct Professor for Masters in Quantitative Finance, Singapore Management University (Quantitative Trading Strategies, Research Methods for Quantitative Professionals)
– Lecturer, Henley Executive Hedge Fund Program (Portfolio Risk Management)