WhenTuesday, October 5th from 6pm to 8pm BST
WhereOnline symposium via Zoom.
FormatPresentations plus discussions
Why you should attend
Our event is inspired by the idea that the confluence of crises we are facing represents an historic inflection point; and that the big question is whether the crises we face are going to be enough to energise the positive, progressive, and purposeful reform that is so desperately needed.
We’ll be showcasing a range of fresh thought leadership ideas and insights that touch on critical “Building Back Better” issues that many stakeholders are coalescing around, such as:
- Making sure we don’t miss what might be the last chance to save the planet
- The super-seismic impact of Covid; and the economic shock wave it is creating
- The need for society to ‘hit the reset button’ and restore basic values of decency
- The need for radical reform of corporate governance
- The need for companies to stop putting profit before principles
- The ascendancy of ESG-orientated investing and why it must become the norm
- Why we need to revisit, reframe and redefine what matters
- How Violation Tracker UK will help to shine a bright light on what’s been in the shadows, hidden from view; until now.
We believe that James Baldwin was right when he said:
“Not everything that is faced can be changed. But nothing can be changed until it is faced.”
The more stakeholders involved with this collective effort to make a difference the better, so, as well as booking yourself onto the event, please do what you can to spread the word and encourage those you know to do the same.
Welcome to the symposium, introductions and initial exploration of the main issues; by
Founder, Transparency Task Force; Governor, Pensions Policy Institute; Chair, Secretariat Committee, APPG on Pension Scams; Chair, Secretariat Committee, APPG on Personal Banking and Fairer Financial Services; Chair of the Violation Tracker UK Advisory Board
Presentation #1, for 15 minutes + 10 minutes Q&A
Dr. Agnieszka Trzeciakiewicz
Lecturer in Finance, University of Hull
Senior Lecturer in Finance, University of Essex
Senior Lecturer in Finance, University of Lancaster, Management School
Presentation #2, for 10 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A
Dr. Sharam Alijani
Associate Professor of Strategy & Entrepreneurship, NEOMA Business School
Presentation #3, for 5 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A
Public Relations Professional; and more…
Presentation #4, for 15 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A
Board Member and Trustee at Radix, the Think Tank for the Radical Centre
The “Just a minute round”
A selection of our attendees will spend just a minute sharing their thoughts on the topic, but unlike the Radio 4 programme our speakers won’t be penalised for hesitation, repetition or deviation!
– Speakers to be added –
General discussion and debate, 25 minutes
Final conclusions; and suggested next steps and close to the formal proceedings.
*The programme will continuously evolve so is subject to change.