WhenThursday, February 11th from 6:00pm until 8:00pm, EST
WhereOnline symposium via Zoom.
FormatThere'll be a great line-up of speakers plus ample scope for discussion and debate
Why you should attend
The reputational integrity of the finance sector has been very badly damaged in recent decades, with one scandal after, another including of course the Global Financial Crisis itself.
As a consequence, the Transparency Task Force is initiating and facilitating a global conversation about what needs to be done to address the real underlying causes of the malpractice, malfeasance, misconduct and mis-selling that has plagued the finance sector for far too long, causing extensive consumer detriment and a collapse in trust and confidence.
If you believe there is scope for the USA’s finance sector to serve society better, this is definitely an event for you, because we’ll be working hard to galvanise support for the positive, progressive and purposeful finance reform that is so desperately needed.
We know there are many great ideas that can help drive the transformational change; and we want to shine a big bright light on those ideas and the people that can bring them to life.
We’ll be tackling many important questions head-on, such as:
- What are the underlying forces that continue to drive poor market conduct?
- Are the USA’s financial regulators using their powers effectively?
- How much of an issue is regulatory capture in the USA?
- Are class actions having to fill the void created by ineffective regulatory enforcement?
- Are vested interests still getting in the way of consumers getting good outcomes?
- Is obfuscation and opacity still preventing consumers from getting the information they need?
- Are the fiduciary standard and best interest rules working as intended?
- Has the Friedmanite idea of “profit maximisation” spoiled the sector’s culture?
- Is the Business Round Table thinking on “multi-stakeholder” starting to have an influence?
- Is the regulatory framework in the USA working as it should? – if not, what can be done?
Through the many discussions we are having with people around the world, we are actively creating a framework for finance reform; please attend so you can be included in the conversation.
Here's the programme and timings so far...
Welcome to the symposium, introductions and initial exploration of the main issues; plus “Why we must rebuild trustworthiness and confidence in financial services; and how we can do it” by
Founder, Transparency Task Force; Governor, Pensions Policy Institute; Chair, Secretariat Committee, APPG on Pension Scams; Chair, Secretariat Committee, APPG on Personal Banking and Fairer Financial Services
Presentation #1, for 10 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A/Discussion by
Managing Director at National Commonwealth Group; Research Fellow; Qualified Family Office Professional
Presentation #2, for 10 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A/Discussion by
Founder & CEO, Conscious Capital Wealth Management; Founder & Chairman of Future Capital in partnership with the UN; Author, The Secrets of the Seasons
Short leg-stretch and comfort break, for 10 minutes
Presentation #3, for 10 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A by
Knut Rostad MBA
Co-founder & President, Institute for the Fiduciary Standard
The “Just a minute”-round
Inspired by the BBC Radio 4 programme, we have asked a selection of our attendees to spend just a minute sharing their thoughts on what has been covered during the symposium. But unlike the Radio 4 programme our speakers won’t be penalised for hesitation, repetition or deviation!
Group discussion & debate, 25 minutes
Final conclusions; and suggested next steps and close to the formal proceedings.
However, for those that want it…
8pm GMT until 8:30pm EST
….informal, unstructured networking and informal conversation; a “fireside chat” amongst friends as it were
*The programme will continuously evolve so is subject to change.