Thank you very much if we have discussed and agreed that you are to be a Panellist at one of our events.
Here is what you need to know:
The Format of our Panel, Discussion & Debate Sessions
We always strive to make our events highly participative and engaging for our attendees and that's one of the reasons why we run symposia rather than just conferences or seminars - we are actively wanting to exchange thoughts and ideas with a view improving the understanding of different perspectives and building consensus where we can.
Our Panel, Discussion & Debate Sessions are an important part of that approach, so the overall purpose is to facilitate discussion and debate amongst the panellists and the attendees.
Here's how it typically works:
- Each panellist will have 2 to 4 minutes, taking it in turn, to get across their key message in the form of 'opening remarks'. This is long enough if succinct, especially if you prepare some thoughts ahead of the session. It is very important that you do not go over 4 minutes please.
- No slides are needed or wanted - this part of the event works best when kept informal and rather conversational in style.
- The panellists will be sat in slight concave row (when viewed form the 'stage' end of the room) to aid discussion between themselves and the audience.
- Thereafter there will be questions and comments from myself relating to each of the panellists opening remarks so that the dynamic starts to move from 'speaking + listening' to 'discussion and debate'.
- That transition will continue as I bring in the audience; so we move towards all attendees having the opportiunity to engage fully, along with the panellists.
Overall this process works very well. It's a careful balance between enabling the panellists to say what they are particularly keen to say with creating an environment that 'brings the event to life' for everybody.
The items we will need from you ASAP please
It is important that we have the following items from you ASAP.
They are listed in priority order:
The relevant items above will be incorporated into the web page we will produce for the event.
Payment to attend the event
The Transparency Task Force desperately (very desperately!) needs to raise funds to operate effectively and sustainably, so please pay the normal attendance price for the event if you can.
However, if that is genuinely beyond your budget please pay however much you can afford up to the standard ticket price; there is no minimum for panellists so you can be the judge of what is appropriate if the standard ticket price is genuinely beyond your budget.
Of course we will be delighted to deal with any queries that you may have, so ask away....and thanks again for wanting to participate at one of our events.